The following are the steps you need to take to cross State lines:
- File for the Authority and the MCS 150, 150 A or 150 B with the FMCSA (formerly Federal Highway Administration).
- The numbers are issued immediately (if no problems).
Please, remember the numbers are still pending.
- For the MC number to become active the following will need to be done:
- Have your insurance agent request that the liability (BMX 91X), cargo (BMC 34), bond (BMC84), or trust fund (BMC 85) for a broker, be filed.
- Have the Process Agents filed. Please remember that all applicants must go through a 10-day waiting period. The process starts the day the MC number is posted in the Federal Register.
- Once the Insurance and Process Agents are on file, the Authority will be mailed to you.
- While waiting on Authority to be granted, we can file for the IFTA and the Road and Mileage Tax Credentials for KY, NM, NY and OR, and the UCR.
- After receiving the USDOT number, your company will be informed the date of the USDOT. The audit will consist of but not limited to the following:
- Driver Qualification files
- Maintenance files on all trucks and trailers
- Logs and supporting documents
- Medical card, CDL, and Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Accident Register
- Financial Responsibility (MSC90)
- All Hazmat papers and documents if you transport hazmat.